A Peek into the day to day life of a busy family

Saturday, May 30, 2009

5K run and Anniversary

Today was a pretty full and fun day for me. For the past couple of months I have been training to run in a 5K race that was today. A group of us decided to participate in the See Jane Run race. Some of us did the 5k and the others ran the Half Marathon. I though about running in the half marathon for about 15 seconds and then came to my senses. I don't think that I would every be able to run that far, but then again if you told me a year ago that I was going to run in a 5k and enjoy it, I would have told you that you were crazy. It really was not as bad as I thought it would be. I have been running trying to get ready for the race, but all the running I have been doing is on the treadmill and I have never been able to run the full 3 miles without slowing down to a fast walk.



I am so proud of myself because today I did it. I ran, or jogged, the whole way without stopping. I can't believe that I was able to run the whole way and that my calves did not hurt when I was finished. I am still not sure if I ever want to try to run a half marathon, but I do want to try to keep up the running and try to run a little longer distance. I must say it was really fun to run in the race with friends even though we didn't actually run next to each other. I hope we do it again next year.


I think my next goal will be to loose 20 lbs. I really need to just do it. I am getting good and exercising, but that is not helping the weight come off and I really look so different to myself in these pictures. I think that the time has come.



Today was also my anniversary. Jeff and I have been married for 11 years today. I can't believe that it has been that long. Time sure does go by quickly. After the race we went to go see the Wedding Singer, a musical at the Willows Theater. It was pretty good. We arrived a little late and when we got there I noticed that it was us and about 35 or more senior citizens. I felt a little out of place, but I thought that the play was good. I guess that I am just not very hip.

No comments: