A Peek into the day to day life of a busy family

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Go Redsox!

Jacob had his second game this week and Jeff was busy at work so I got to take him and watch his game. I am SO GLAD that I did. It was so AWESOME!! What a game. His team played a really good game today and at the bottom of the 6th inning they needed to make 5 runs in order to win the game. Winning is not that important to me. Don't get me wrong, it is definitely nice to win, but I am happy if Jacob has a good time and a good game. His team did win the game, but the win is not what made the game great, that was just the icing on the cake.

As I was saying, they needed 5 runs to win the game, but all of the really good hitters on the team had just batted. The litte boys in the line-up that were going to be hitting were the ones that were usually less successful at batting. What was so amazing was that everyone of those little guys hit the ball. Not one of them struck out and the only out happened at first base. I was anxious for Jacob hoping that he would hit the ball and he did! He made it to second base on his hit and he was so excited, smiling from ear to ear. On the next hit he was able to make it to home due to an overthrow. His score was the run that they needed to win the game. His coach came over and picked him up on his shoulders and everyone was cheering.

It was so awesome to see these little underdog boys on this team come up and win the game for their team. I know it was a full team effort, but I felt so happy for these little guys who usually strike out and to see them come up there and hit the balls and make the runs when it counted the most. Talk about a confidence builder. My eyes were watering when Jacob ran into home and was picked up. Who knew I would become such a boob after I had kids and tear up over something so silly.

You go RED SOX!!! :-)

No comments: