A Peek into the day to day life of a busy family

Friday, October 9, 2009

Happy 5th Birthday Aly Cat!! :-)

My little girl turned 5 a couple of weeks ago. This year was one of the those years where I really did not want to have a big party. I find that I usually tend to feel this way around her birthday. I don't know if it is because it is right around when school starts and I have alot of things going on or what. This year I almost did not have any "friend" party for her, but then at the last minute my husband told me that I should invite the kids from her church class, so I did. I also invited a little boy we carpool with and a boy who was in her preschool class last year. The two little girls in her class could not make it, but all of the boys came, and it was really fun. Alyssa really had a good time and everyone else seemed to be having a good time too. Jacob even had fun and did not cry and Blayke slept through the hole party.




It was very warm on the day of her birthday which is a good thing because I had planned to do water activities. The kids all got to decorate water bottles and then ran around outside playing storm troopers and shooting each other with the water, I got in the fun for a little bit too and was spraying them and getting wet. After that we had a relay to fill up buckets of water with sponges and we tried to pick marbles up with our toes in a wading pool and put them in a separate container. After that we all went outside and played on the slippy slide and with a water beach ball I borrowed from my friend. After that we had cake and opened presents and then everyone went back outside to play with water bottles and sit in the wading pool and play with the star wars characters that were on the cake. ( No Princess cakes for my little girl.)





In the end I was glad that I had the party and that we only had 3 other little kids over. It was kind of funny that it was Alyssa and four boys, but that's the way she likes it anyway. I had a good time and then kids all seemed to have fun too. Alyssa had fun and it was pretty laid back. She did not really know that many people in her Kindergarten class yet anyway since school had just started.





HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE GIRL!!!! I hope you had a great time, it sure looked like you did to me. Keep on Smiling!!!



No comments: