Before the foxes we would see raccoons occasionally, but they come all the time, just at night when we are sleeping and we were thrilled when we discovered little rabbits that visited our yard and then that they had little babies that we occasionally saw. It was also pretty neat to see a bunch of quail in our back yard one day and all the little squirrels running around, but they are more common here apparently. I grew up in Vegas and the only things we saw in our yard, besides our pets were spiders (black widows), ants, roaches (YUCK), an occasional lizard (which I get here) and when we moved to our newer home SCORPIONS. Believe me I would much rather see squirrels and even foxes than SCORPIONS. Just a personal preference.
Since the fox incident we have also seen some wild turkeys in our front yard. That was pretty cool, however I was not quick enough and I did not get a picture of them or the rabbits. I had a picture of the quail, but I can not find it. But I digress, the purpose of this post was to show you our new visitor that came by to see us yesterday.
I was rocking the baby to sleep and I saw the head of this bird through a mirror I put the baby in bed ran and grabbed the camera told my daughter to come look. Anyone know what this could be? My guess is a rooster, but I am not sure. Not sure where he came from our why he was in our backyard. You would think that we live in the woods. We do live close to some open space. Who knows maybe some day I will find a deer in the yard.






No comments:
Post a Comment