A Peek into the day to day life of a busy family

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Orange Grasshoppers

It has been almost a year since Jacob and Alyssa received their yellow grasshopper belt for Kung Fu, and this last Friday, January 8, they finally received their orange grasshopper belt. They both did a really good job and were very excited to finally be receiving their orange belts. There is a form that their teachers and parents need to sign saying that they are behaving appropriately at home and at school before they can receive their belts. I was so proud of them they both did a really good job demonstrating their awesome Kung Fu skills and Jacob was so excited when he got his belt. He was smiling from ear to ear and he could not stop looking at his belt, he was so happy that he even wanted to go to Kung Fu yesterday. He asked us to take him and usually it is not his favorite thing to do on Saturday.

Both of them are doing great at school, but I can tell you that I was a little hesitant to sign Alyssa's form for home. Lately she has really been a very big stinker. She is so stubborn and has inherited her father's bad attitude and defiance, but I think that she is possibly even worse than he was. The other day we told her to do something and she started screaming and crying and then she growled at her dad, which did not go over very well. When she does bad things now she starts crying and says she is badder than Jacob. I always tell her now that she is a good girl and that it is up to her to make the right choices. Ultimately she has the power to decide if she is going to be good or bad, but she can always be good if she chooses to. She is a great little girl with a whole lot of attitude and love for life, I just need to figure out some way to understand her and be able to teach her so that she can be stubborn for the right and make good choices in her life so that she will be happy.

Congratulations Jacob and Alyssa!! We are very proud of you. We were very happy to see you get your belt and seeing Jacob so happy almost made me cry. I have really become a pretty big boob since I have had kids.

No comments: