A Peek into the day to day life of a busy family

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Happy Birthday JACOB!!

WOW, where has the time gone? I can remember holding him in my arms when he was just born. I remember I was amazed by his eyes and how he stared right back at me and observed the things around him. Now, in no time at all my little man is 7 years old. I can't believe that he is 7. I really love my little guy and how he always wants to do the right thing. I am so glad that he had a great time at his party. He was super excited when one of his friends gave him the Lego Batman Wii Game.

I am not a super great party planner (although he had a pretty great pirate party for his 5 year party) so we had his party at Chuck E. Cheese's. He was so excited to have his party there. He really had a great time running around and playing with his friends. He did not even use half of his tokens. It really made me happy to see what a good time he was having. It was really fun for all of the kids that came, they all had a good time.


I must admit that I really love having parties away from my house. I don't have to do very much planning, I don't have to clean the house, make the cake, pick up the house after. It is just really great to be able to let someone else do all of that for me and the kids still have a really great time. I am always impressed by moms that I know who have these really great parties for their kids, but I am just not that creative, and I guess I am a little lazy. After having tried having parties at other places a couple of times, I have discovered that I really love it. I love not having to worry about very much and that way I am more able to enjoy the party myself and watch my kids having fun with their friends instead of worrying about weather or not everyone has what they need.
We all had a great time today and pretty soon I will need to start thinking about Alyssa's birthday which is coming up in a few months and then Blayke's 2 months later. Alyssa had to miss some of the party because her softball team made the playoffs and she had a game today. She had such a great time that she is anxiously awaiting her birthday so that she can have her party there. She had a small party last year so more than likely she will be having her party there this year also.

When we got home all the kids took a nap at dad went to work out. After dinner Blayke went outside and got to play in the sandbox and then he played with Daddy on the trampoline. He was having so much fun playing with his dad. What a great day!

No comments: