A Peek into the day to day life of a busy family

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Where Does the Time go???



This is my daughter Brittany. The picture on the left was taken when she was 2 years old, and she just recently graduated and is at BYU Provo right now. I can not believe how rapidly the time has gone by and I am sure that it has seemed to fly by even faster for her father who has been in her life ever since she was born. I didn't actually come into Brittany's life until I married Jeff, when she was 8 years old, but she is my daughter in every sense of the word. I make no distinctions between her and my other children and I love her very much. I would be very proud and lucky if all of my children turned out as great as she has. We all miss her, but I am extreemly happy for her and know she is having a great time where she is. Sometimes thinking of her there makes me miss the time that I was there.

Anyway, back to my point. I seriously can not believe how fast the time has flown by. Sometimes it feels like your kids will be around forever, but the time goes by much too quickly. Sometimes when I am feeling a little "overloved" by my 5 year old, 3 year old and 7 month old (not in picture) I just remember that soon enough they are not going to want to be around me and I will be replaced by their friends, and not too long after that they will be off to start their lives living apart from me. It can sometimes be hard to have them all wanting my attention and not being able to really get any time for myself, but then I think about Brittany and how fast the time went and I am thankfull that they want me around them and that they think it is fun to be around Mom. Some days are harder than others, but I try to keep that thought in the back of my mind. Just remember to cherish the moments that you have with your children everyday, because the time goes by much too quickly and you will only have your memories.


I have never really blogged before and I am not sure how good I will be at it, but it really does seem to be enjoyable and fun to share some of your thoughts with others out there. Any way I am just starting and this blog page is a work in progress still as I am not quite sure what I am doing yet.

4 comments:

Janelle said...

Fun Sandra! It's fun that you are blogging too.

sandra said...

Thanks Janelle,but I still don't really know how to do alot. I guess I will learn as I go, or ask other people.

M said...

So i am in kennedy's lap top sitting in the middle of the memorial center looking at the blog, and i love it. It displays the craziness of the family perfectly. I wish I was still there to add to the craziness but it looks like it hasn't died down too much since I've been gone. You're right, all of the kids do look an insane amount alike. It's ridiculous. I luckily could still tell who was who but i had my doubts at one point haha. The baby already looks older. I felt weird looking at it in the memorial center because I started crying. I miss you guys so much and it's hard not being there and missing things. And the part where you say that you're a mother of four hit me hard. I've always felt like your daughter and never once have you made me feel like any less and that means more to me than I can ever say in words. Thank you for everything and just for being there as my mother. I appreciate everything you do for me and I know the other kids do too. I love you all and miss you like crazy.

Love,
Brittany

Julie said...

Welcome to blog-land! Fun!