I was excited and nervous when the Mini flyer coach told me that they wanted Alyssa to swim in a meet on Wednesday and Saturday. Actually, I guess my first emotion was shock. I knew that she was getting better, but i did not think she was that good yet (not that they have to be excellent swimmers or anything. They can hold on to the ropes if they get tired) I guess that I just could not believe that my little girl was going to be in a meet.
I told Alyssa that she was going to be in a race, and as I said, I was a little nervous, not knowing what to expect from her. She was excited about the race and kept asking about it. Then the big day came, and on Wednesday morning at 5am Jacob threw up and continued to throw up all day until around 1:30pm. There went Alyssa's chance to swim in the race. I felt bad for her because she was missing out on her chance to swim, but although she loves to swim, I think that I felt worse for her than she actually felt about missing the race. She is resiliant that way. If she misses something she can find something else to do. Maybe she will get her chance on Saturday, or maybe not because that day looks like it may be a little crazy for me. Jacob is supposed to have his first soccer game and I have to gate keep at the pool. We'll see what happens. Justs goes with the territory when you have little kids, you really never know if things are going to go as you have planned or not.
A Peek into the day to day life of a busy family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment