A Peek into the day to day life of a busy family

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Ready, Set Swim!!


Well, today was Alyssa's first meet and I was a little nervous for her. She was a very brave girl and while she was waiting to swim I ran around and looked for a member of her team to walk infront of her while she was swimming. She has never swam the length of the pool before and I wanted someone there for her to grab onto if she needed it (which she did). She swam about a third of the way before she wanted the "coach" to help her. I was so proud of her for jumping in and trying even though it was a scary pool and something different for her. She got up there and jumped in. Jacob is still sick and Daddy wasn't feeling good either, so I was the only one there to see her, but she did GREAT!! And I couldn't be prouder, I just hope that she will still be willing to try a meet next year, she was a little afraid when she got out of the pool, because she said she wanted to swim at "her pool". She is a brave little girl and willing to try just about anything, a quality that she definately does not get from her mother. Here is a short video I took of her on the camera.

No comments: