A Peek into the day to day life of a busy family
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Calling
So, I recently was called to be the second counselor in the Primary presidency. I am a little nervous because I have never really been in a leadership position. I am also a little excited. I just really hope that I can actually do some good and fulfill what the Lord wants me to do. I want to do the best that I can and hope to help the President in what she needs. I fell a little inadequate, like the Lord could have called someone better than me, but I am sure that he must have a need for me there or I would not have been called. I guess the best thing I can do is pray for guidance, inspiration, and strength. Does it ever get any easier? And does anyone ever really feel up to the calling when called to leadership positions? What do you do to help yourself when you have a new "scarry" calling?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
Congrats! As someone who had that calling all I can say is, take it easy! That is what a pres is for. ha, ha. Actually, I loved my time in the Primary Pres. It is really were I learned the testimony of callings. I really learned to have a love for each child. I had not had that before, but with that calling it was different. Good luck. Take it one day at a time.
You'll do great! I had that same calling and it turned out to be my favorite ever!! You're going to love it.
Did they change the whole Primary Presidency? Do tell!
You'll do great, I promise. "Hard" callings and "scary" callings are always nerve-wracking, but you'll be amazed at how much the Lord blesses you. Just being set apart in a particular calling I think blesses us with the ability to do it.
Thanks everyone, and You're right Cheryl, I am sure the Lord will help me. And yes, they changed the primary presidency, the nursery and the young women presidency. Lots of changes. Pam is the Young womens president and Shawna Hill is the primary president and Heather is the first counselor.
feyYou are already FABULOUS in there. I feel lucky to serve with you and for the opportunity it will give me to get to know you better!
Post a Comment