A Peek into the day to day life of a busy family

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Mile stones and time outs

Today was Jacob's first day of Kindergarten. He got to meet his teacher yesterday and he was excited to go to school today. Alyssa was excited too and she tried to line up with his class when it was time for them to go inside. I've been a little worried for him to start
Kindergarten because he seems to cry at the drop of a hat and he is still a little socially akward. I asked him how is day was when I picked him up and
he said that he had a good day. He said he did not cry, but then he told me about how he almost got put into time out. He was throwing blocks and the teacher was going to have him sit in the time out chair, but then he said that he decided to put the blocks away nicely so he would not have to sit in the time out chair. The first day of school and Jacob was going into the time out chair. I hope this is not a taste of things to come.

I really hope that he will get better and be a better listener and not get worse. Later, at Kung Fu class Jacob did have to sit in time out because he was not listening to the instructor and following directions. He cried when he had to sit in time out for a little because he was sad. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better listening day for him. He did have a good day at school today and I hope he has fun tomorrow.On the baby forefront, today Blayke Matthew finally crawled!!! I was so excited. Granted it was only a couple of inches and one knee, but still he was crawling. He will definately be harder to watch when he really gets going, but good for him. Maybe he will actually be the first of my kids that crawls for awhile before he walks.

Well it is late and I am a little crazy, so I better get to bed. Sorry about the sideways video.




1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I'm glad he did well his first day! I'm sure the timeout for the kung fu was because of the long day; school AND kung fu, you know? I'm sure he'll get used to it.