It's that time of year again where we have to get ready to send our kids back to school. It is a little different for me this year because my oldest is in college, so I don't really have to get her ready for school. I must admit that this was really nice. No having to go through walk through registration, and write a bunch of checks for her school, no searching for school supplies. It has actually been pretty relaxing. But while that door is closed, I now have a new one open.
Jacob is going to start Kindergarten this year, and I must admit I have been a little worried about how he is going to do. Getting him ready for school has not required as much effort on my part. His supply list consisted of a backpack and a lunch box. I took him to the store the other day to let him pick what he wanted and he picked spiderman. I especially like the backpack he chose because it also came with a lunch box--two birds with one stone.
Getting the supplies was easy, the hard part (at least for him) was the shots. I have been preparing him and letting him know that he was going to have to get shots before he could go to school. I thought he might actually do okay, because he was being brave and he was telling all the nurses at the doctors office he had to get shots. As soon as he saw the shots it was over, especially after he got his first shot. He was Screaming and when I say screaming I mean really screaming and begging the nurse "please no more". He is so dramatic, but I did feel a little bad for him. They had to prick his finger (which started all the crying) to test his blood, and then they gave him a shot while he was laying down and three more while he was sitting.
What is up with all of these shots?! It is crazy how many shots kids have to get now. These weren't even all of the shots he had to get to start school, because I had taken him to the doctor earlier in the year and he got two shots then. I am sorry, but I think that the world has gone a little shot crazy. We are a still alive and well and I know I never had that many shots to start school. I think that it would probably tramatize me if I had to sit there while they gave me six shots to start school. I think I will see if I can start Alyssa sooner so she doesn't have to get so many shots at once, or find out which ones are absolutely necessary and only give her those.
Anyway I got finger printed today so I can volunteer in school if I can find someone to watch the baby and the only thing left is a dental exam, which is already scheduled. Kindergarten here we come.
A Peek into the day to day life of a busy family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment