
I am so excited! I have never been on a vacation without at least one of my children since the birth of my first child 5 years ago. Whenever I go anywhere I take at least one of them with me, and that has only happened once, we usually all go. I've realized over the last couple of days that I need a break. Don't get me wrong I love my kids, but lately I have really been getting a little frustrated with them. Maybe it's Jacob and Alyssa fighting, Jacob crying over anything, or Blayke teething, which makes him whiny and always wanting to be held, or maybe I am just going through a little bit of a selfish woe is me stage.
I think that maybe I just need to get out more. Anyway the other day I was checking my email and I saw an email from Time Out For Women. I attended one of these meetings a couple of years ago with a friend and I really enjoyed it. I don't know if any of you have ever gone to TOFW, but if you have not I would recommend it if you have the time. http://deseretbook.com/time-out/schedule As I said, I was checking my email and I decided to check the dates just for fun. I found out that it will be in Sacramento on September 5th and 6th. I got excited and decided that I really wanted to go. I wouldn't normally attend both days, but Friday night the speaker is James L. Ferrell, the author of The Peace Giver, great book by the way, you should really read it if you get the chance, and Cherie Call is going to be in concert. I decided that I would really like to go to both of these so I called Jeff and asked if he would be willing to watch the kids. I was amazed when he said that would be fine. I am a little worried for him, but I am so excited to go.
I am going to rent a hotel and stay overnight by the convention center. I am really looking forward to it. I really think I need the "time out" and I hope it will help me to recharge and refocus. I don't even mind that I am going to go by myself. It would be fun to go with someone else, but sometimes you can just use some alone time too, and who knows maybe I will run into someone I know there, I did last time.






No comments:
Post a Comment