- It would provide him with another way to socialize with kids.
- It would help him get the exercise that he needs.
- It would help him practice his running and maybe develope his coordination a little more.
- It would help him to learn how to play with other kids competatively.
- He could have some fun and maybe make new friends.
He has gone to a couple of practices and although he doesn't usually kick the ball more than a foot or two, that is still an improvement for him. He looks forward to going to practices and his first game was Saturday. Although most of the kids on his team have never played before, he is still nowhere near as good as they are and he has a hard time focusing on the game. At his last practice I felt bad for him and was a little upset, because he started crying because he did not make a goal. Sometimes I get a little frustrated because he cries so much about little things, but after I got home I realized that even though it was really hard for him to kick the ball and not pick it up, and even though he was not making goals, and he rarely got the ball, he kept on trying and he didn't cry until the end. I told him that I was very proud of him because he kept on trying even though it was hard for him.
On Saturday we went to his game and Jacob played most of the game because one of his teammates was crying and did not want to play. Jeff was telling Jacob to watch the ball and then I pointed out that at least he was being a trooper and trying, because he could have been doing what his teammate was doing. His friend went in on the last quarter and as soon as he did he made a goal. Jacob's team (the Tigers) made a couple of goals, but the Dragons beat them by a couple goals. It was fun watching him, I just hope he had fun. He looked like he did, except for the one time he fell and cried a little. Here is a little film of the action. ( which Jacob was rarely in.)






No comments:
Post a Comment