A Peek into the day to day life of a busy family

Thursday, December 25, 2008

The Gingerbread man

Every year the Kindergarden classes at Jacob's school perform The Gingerbread man (a musical play) at Christmas time. They have been practicing for it for quite some time learning the songs and then as the performance neared they went through the play. Jacob loves singing and he would sing the songs in the car on the way home from school and at home. He told me one day that the teacher told him that he was either going to be the fox, the famer, or the Gingerbread man. He was very excited, and when the parts were assigned it turned out that he got to be the Gingerbread man. I was so excited for him and proud. The classes performed for the kids at school during the day and they did one performance for the parents at night. During the night performance both classes took turns performing the play. When the other class was performing Jacob was singing in the choir and I could totally here Jacob singing, I heard him more then than when he was actually on stage. He did a really good job and we enjoyed watching him. Alyssa left saying that she couldn't wait to be the Gingerbread man next year when she is in Kindergarten. I hope that she can be and that she does not get upset if she gets a different part. I told her that the teacher has to decide who gets what part and that she may not get to be the Gingerbread man. Here is a video and some pictures.


It really is nice to see your kids having a good time and doing something that they enjoy doing, sometimes it makes me remember what it was like to be a kid. I don't do that many fun things with my kids and it makes me want to make more fun memories with them and go do things together, even if it is just playing a game. I need to make time to spend more time with them, because that is what they will remember.
One of the videos is sideways, sorry about that.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

So cute! Your kids are great singers. How fun!