A Peek into the day to day life of a busy family

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Most wonderful time of the Year

I love CHRISTMAS it is hands down my favorite time of the year. I love the spirit of Christmas and what it stands for and I love the lights and the hot chocolate and decorating the trees and my home. The only bad thing is that I sometimes tend to go a little hog wild on the gift part. I scaled down this year, and it was still probably a little too many presents for the kids, at least for Jacob and Alyssa. Next year I think I will scale back a little more on their gifts. Aside from that, Christmas is great.


I usually prepare everything for Christmas myself, but this year the kids were actually old enough where they could help and they loved it. I could not keep up with them when we were decorating the tree. They were really into it this year and it was nice to have them there helping me. This year I also decided to take them around and see the lights. We found some really cool places with great lights. The first night Jeff was working late so I put all the kids in the car and we went. They really loved seeing the lights. I was so glad I took them. At first Jacob was complaining because he wanted to play a game, but he loved it as soon as we saw the first house. I feel bad that I don't get to do as much things with Jeff with them, but if I wait for him we would not be able to do anything because he is always busy and the kids really deserve to have some good family memories. Here are some pictures.

































The second time we went Jeff came with us and the house we saw was amazing and there was a Santa there with a sleigh that you could take pictures with and I got some cute pictures of the kids and Blayke did not cry at all. And Speaking of Blayke, when I took him out of the car I noticed that his pants were a little wet and I did not have another diaper for him. I had him sit with Santa and took a picture even though he had wet pants. I feel a little bad, but his pants were not that bad and I really wanted the picture. Occupational hazard for being Santa, sorry Santa.










No comments: