A Peek into the day to day life of a busy family

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Break

The kids are on break for Christmas and I am really enjoying it. Brittany is home and it is always nice to have her back although it seems that she spends most of her time sleeping or visiting her friends and doing things with them. I love to see her when she spends the time playing with her brothers and sister. They love it when she is home and love to play with her. I wish I had her energy to chase them around the house and play with them. I am also enjoying the time off of driving everyone to school and other activities. I like to have may kids do things but sometimes it is just tiring. We also got to do some fun things and I want to plan some other things to do with the kids before the break is over. We haven't done anything that big. One day I drove them up to Mount Diablo to see if there was snow, which of course there was not, and it was also icy so we could not go all the way to the very top, but it was still fun.

And Tuesday I got to take them bowling and they totally loved it. They have been bugging me to take them bowling since Thanksgiving break, especially Alyssa. They did a good job and Alyssa got a strike. It was really fun spending time with them, I should do that more often. On Christmas Eve I played board games with them and that was fun too. Of course, Jeff was here so he was able to keep little hands (Blayke) busy so that we could play.I am home alone a lot with the kids and it is nice to have someone else there helping.


No comments: