A Peek into the day to day life of a busy family

Sunday, February 7, 2010

We're baaaaack!!

Well, our resident animal friends decided to come by and pay us another visit. One day a couple weeks ago foghorn leghorn decided to pay us another visit. We were getting our coats on and getting ready to head out the door for school when he came walking up to our sliding glass door to say hello. I must admit that I do think that it is kind of neat to find these little random creatures outside visiting. The kids were thrilled to see him again, but we couldn't watch him for long because we had to go to school.




The following week Mr. Fox decided to pay us a visit, maybe he was following the scent of Foghorn. We had not seen the foxes since last year and I really did not expect to see them again. The kids were eating lunch and Jacob informed us that the fox was back to which I replied "No he isn't." I looked out the window at what did I see? Mr. fox playing around our unfinished trampoline. He was out there for quite some time and we all enjoyed watching him play and rest in our yard. Of course I had to take pictures. Jeff told me that the fox was out there again today while we were at church and he was on our slide. ( I, of course would have had pictures to share.) As Jeff was telling me this he was getting ready to go outside and play catch with Jacob. As they opened the door Mr. Fox jumped up and ran off. He was resting behind our play structure.

(the date on the picture is wrong)
When I told my husband earlier in the week that the fox had visited us again he was in shock. We recently had a two new fences put in our backyard so there were no more wholes in them. He did not think that we would ever see the foxes again and wanted to know how it got into our yard. I showed him these two pictures that I took and told him that he jumped. Now he says that the kids are not allowed in the backyard alone. I will go out first to make sure there are no foxes in the yard, but then I will let them play as long as I can see them (the older ones anyway). I never would have thought that part of keeping my children safe would include going out in the back yard and making sure that there were no wild animals outside first.(especially not when I live a city).

We will have to see if the animals will continue to visit us after we get a dog. I am thinking that there will probably be less occurrences of animal visits.

2 comments:

The United Statements of Merica said...

WOW Sandra! those are great pictures!! I'll trade you. You can have wild turkeys and I'll take that cute fox. A dog will totally keep the wild animals away. You're a funny writer.

sandra said...

So thanks to Grandpa the mystery is solved. It turns out our visitor is not a rooster, but a pheasant. Who knew there were pheasants around here? Not me.