A Peek into the day to day life of a busy family

Saturday, February 27, 2010

One Good day

After yesterday I really needed a good day. We found out yesterday that someone had swiped Jeff's debit card number and secret code and had proceeded to make $2700 worth of purchases in Las Vegas. Not fun to deal with, but we will most likely be reimbursed. Thank goodness we caught it so early, these purchases were made in two days.

Anyway, after the mess of dealing with all of that it was pretty nice to just have a good fun day. Today was a little busy to start out with. I had to pick up part of Alyssa's Baseball uniform (they would not let me get it all because Alyssa had a kung fu tournament and they would not give out the uniform unless the kid was there, dumb.) Putting that little annoyance aside the rest of the day was great.


As I mentioned, Jacob and Alyssa had a Kung Fu tournament today and they both did great. Alyssa did a little better than Jacob, but they both had fun and it was great to see them do their form and be so excited to perform and then receive their medals at the end. They also had a really cool dragon dance before the tournament started. After the tournament we all went home and I enjoyed some me time while Dad was at the gym and the kids did homework, played the Wii and Blayke took a nap. It was really nice and then I got to talk on the phone with my daughter at college for a little while before we all got in the car and went to a wedding reception.




Jacob was complaining about going at first, but we all had dinner there (the food was great) and then we all had a good time dancing together and the kids enjoyed running around the gym. After that we went to Baskin Robins and got the kids their treats for filling up their responsibility chart a couple of weeks ago, and then it was home to take baths and get ready for bed. At bedtime we finished the last few chapters of Peter Pan and then the kids went to sleep.

It was really nice to have a worry free fun day with everyone. Let's see if I can have as good of a day on my birthday in a couple of days. I signed up to chaperon on Jacob's field trip so that should be fun. I just hope that it doesn't rain. But it probably will, it almost always rains on my birthday.

No comments: