Jacob and Alyssa are in the swing of things with soccer. This year Alyssa's team just started having games right away and Jacob's team has just been having practices until recently. I signed them up again this year because they both said that they wanted to play and you can totally see that Alyssa really loves it. Her team this year is the Blue Unicorns, the coaches are really great and Alyssa loves playing. She has made goals at her games and she is so excited and happy when she makes a goal. I took some short videos of her scoring a couple of goals at a game that I was at. It is really fun to watch her play.
Jacob has always told me that he likes soccer and he wants to play, but this year I was not sure that he really did. He moved up this year because of his age, so the kids play longer and there are more kids on the field. Judging from his practices you would think that he hated soccer and did not want to be there. He would cry about just about anything, like the team started the drill before him, or he had to use "his" ball and he complained about everything. I looked into putting him on a VIP team for kids with disabilities, and he could keep up with most of those kids, but he did not want to change teams. However, he has been pretty good at his first two games. He has been running and trying to keep up with the kids and he has only had one crying incident when he got hit by a ball. I am sure that his coaches were shocked to see him actually playing and trying to have fun. I don't know what I am going to do about that boy. He does not want to do anything once it starts to get hard and he has to work at it. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.






No comments:
Post a Comment