A Peek into the day to day life of a busy family

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween



Another Halloween has come and gone and my kids had a really good time, at least Jacob and Alyssa did. Blayke got sick the night before with a 101 fever and he did not get to go Trick or Treating and he wouldn't even let me put his costume on him, so I have no pictures of him for this Halloween, except for one I took of him looking at a pumpkin (no costume).






The kids had fun at their Halloween parades at their school. This year I decided that I would start the tradition of carving pumpkins together. My parents never had us carve pumpkins, so I have never really been big on pumpkin carving. It can be messy and it is also one more thing that I have to make time to do, but I thought that the kids might like it, which they did, and it is these kind of memories with your families that the kids remember when they get older. I wanted to take the kids to the pumpkin patch, but I waited too long and then Blayke got sick so we did not get to go. I must admit I really like the fact that Halloween was on a Saturday, it gave me more time to do things and not be so rushed.










This year I let the kids pick their own costumes. Jacob wanted to be Darth Vader again and Alyssa was a storm trooper. Jacob says he wants to be Darth Vader every year. Alyssa really wanted a grave yard in our front yard this year so I went to Walgreens and bought some things to put in our yard. I was going to go to some sales after Halloween to get some more tomb stones for next year, but since Blayke got sick I really have not been out to any stores.




Anyway, because Blayke was sick Dad got to take the kids trick or treating with their friend who lives down the street and his sisters. They ended up going a long way and meeting up with some other friends that we carpool to school with. It was sad that Blayke was sick, but they probably had more fun than they would have had if he went with them because they would not have been able to go for so long. They were gone for around 2 hours, that is the longest that they have ever gone and Dad said that they did not complain at all. Now we need to go through the bags of candy and try not to eat it all. :-)



No comments: