A Peek into the day to day life of a busy family

Friday, September 26, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLY CAT!!




Well, today was Alyssa's birthday and I think that she had a pretty good day. I can't believe that she is already 4 years old. She had a special day at school where she got to blow out candles on a cake and wear a crown and a special vest. I also helped out in her classroom today and she thought that was pretty cool. It is really neat to watch your kids in another environment and see what other people see when your kids are away from you and home. Alyssa really has a good time at school and can play with just about anyone, but she prefers to play with the boys. After school she got to see Grandma and open some presents and play on the computer for a little while. Then after dinner we all drove down to Clayton and went to the Oktoberfest. It really will start tomorrow, but the fare and games were there tonight and I knew that Alyssa would love to go there for her birthday, and she did. She and Jacob rode some rides and then we let them play some games and the really loved winning the cheesy, tine stuffed animals. Then to top the night off we all went to Dairy Queen and got ice cream. It was a really good time and we all enjoyed it. There really is so much that we can do here, and I rarely make the time or get the chance to take my kids and go and do some of the fun things that are around here. I really need to make and effort to go out and do more things with them, but while I love doing things with them I always enjoy it more when Jeff is able to come with us. What are some things that you love to do with your families in the Bay area?

3 comments:

Michele said...

I can't believe she is already 5! (Then again, Brooklyn turned 5 in April, so why am I so surprised?) She is such a cutie and the other kids look great too. Hope you are all doing great!

sandra said...

Hey nice to hear from you. She actually just turned 4, but Jacob is 5 now.

Janelle said...

Sandra 10 am Wednesdays for music time (obviously you know about that)And I thought I saw your name on the emails for Fridays but they are normally at 10 am. I'll email you.