A Peek into the day to day life of a busy family

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

May the Force be with you

So, this year I actually decided to let my kids choose what they wanted to be for halloween. I
have always just decided for them and got them excited about what they were going to be. I do this because I think that it is really cool to have them dress up in a theme. Last year they were Dorothy and the Scarecrow,the year before they were Tigger and Pooh (very cute, and I got many compliments), and before that they were Minnie and Mickey Mouse. I must confess that I have alot of fun doing that and taking pictures. I am not very handy at sewing so I usually end up buying used costumes on ebay. ( I must admit, sometimes I am an ebay junkie).
Anyway, as I said, this year I decided I would let them pick what they wanted to be. As it turns out it all worked out good for me, becuase Alyssa said that she wanted to be Princess Leia (probably the only princess she will ever want to be, and that is only because she saw that Leia was fighting with a blaster in the movie and she wanted one. Alyssa is definately not a girly girl. She told me that she wants to be batman next year.) and Jacob wanted to be Darth Vader.This worked out great and since I got to pick Blayke's costume, guess who he was? --------------------------------------- Did you guess? ------------------Yoda! :-)

They all looked really cute! My sister lent me Alyssa's costume. One of her daughters was Princess Leia a few years ago. It was really cute and she got many compliments, Yoda did too.



This year the kids really had a fun time trick or treating because they ran into one of their friends from down the street and we went trick or treating with him and his family. It was fun and they really had a good time running from door to door. Here are some of the pictures that I took at their school parties and while they were trick or treating. There may be alot of them because I love pictures. I am also going to try to post some pictures from previous halloweens, but they may be posted later.














Jacob at school parade. Cute boy.

Blayke crawing around on the Kung Fu mat.

Ready to go trick or treating







TRICK OR TREAT!!!! :-) :-0

No comments: