A Peek into the day to day life of a busy family

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Cookie! Child number 5.





Jeff has always wanted to get our kids a Labrador when they got older, just like Brittany got when she was their age, and a week or so before our Cruise he decided that they were now old enough to have a dog and he began to look. The week before we left he found some breeders that were selling chocolate labs and we went to look. They were all really cute and Brittany is a boy dog girl, but we had already decided that we wanted a girl ( I wanted a girl). I have heard that they are calmer than the boys and the owner said they are more protective of children.


We picked one little girl out and paid a deposit and the sellers kept her for us until we returned from our cruise. The kids were super excited to get home and pick up their new puppy. We picked her up the day we got home and she has been a pretty good dog for the most part. I was expecting her to whine and cry the first night, but she was no bother at all.




We are in the process of "potty training" her so that she knows to go to the bathroom outside. She is starting to do a little better, but we only want her going to the bathroom in a certain area of the yard and sometimes she goes other places. It is not too much fun trying to train her and Blayke at the same time, but I think that she will learn before Blayke does.




It's more work to have her around, but she is a really good dog and she is fun to play with when I have the time. Right now Blayke and especially Alyssa are the ones who love to go outside with her and play. She is a beautiful dog and a nice addition to the family. Hopefully I will continue to feel that way.

No comments: