A Peek into the day to day life of a busy family

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Crazy Day

Today was pretty crazy day for me, and I am afraid that it is just a taste of things to come. As I mentioned before I signed both of my kids up for baseball/softball. I had wanted to put them on the same team, but JOBL did not seem to keen on that idea. Against my better instincts I went ahead and signed them up for separate teams. I will just have to see if it turns out as bad as I think it can. Today was crazy, but it wasn't too bad. I took Alyssa to practice and then we had to pick up her uniform. I then picked up Jacob, who had gone to Kung Fu this morning and drove him down to get his uniform and then to his practice. After that we went home and Jeff went to the airport to pick up my mother who will be visiting for 3 weeks YAY!!!


Anyway, Alyssa had a great time at her practice. Her team had a scrimmage with another team and she had a blast. The first part she was a little bored out in the field, but then after they came up to bat and went out again she got to be the catcher. She saw her teammate catching and she really wanted to do that. She wanted to put on the catching gear, especially the helmet. I am sure that the helmet reminded her a little of a football helmet, and she has really wanted to get a football helmet (?????) I am pretty sure that was never something that I wanted as a child. She looked very cute and did a good job, I am told (by her). I had to leave to help pass out uniforms. She was so excited that she caught so many balls. I wish I could have seen her.

So far both Jacob and Alyssa like playing. Neither one of them are that great, especially at actually hitting the ball. But they will get there. I have never really done anything with them so they have no experience, that is why I signed them up, so they could get the experience and see if this is something that they actually like.

No comments: