A Peek into the day to day life of a busy family

Saturday, February 14, 2009

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!

So, Valentines Day has never been one of my favorite holidays. I am not really big on it and I don't usually do that much, if anything for it. Of course the reason for that may be that I was never blessed to have a significant other until I was married, so I did not know what it was like to have a boyfriend and I did not really care about this particular Holiday. Anyway, this year I decided to get the people I loved gifts (my husband and kids anyway, not all the family). With Jeff I decided to get him a little something everyday for the week of Valentines, and it was mainly little chocolate treats, But I also got him some cookies from Mrs. Fields. Nothing like fattening people up on the Holiday. But if you can't eat sweets then, when can you and my husband is a chocoholic. Here are the cookies I bought him.






Brittany is at BYU (although she did go to VEGAS, my home town) for the weekend. I also bought her some cookies for valentines, but I am not sure if she received them before she left.



For Jacob and Alyssa I decided to get them a gift from build a bear and put it outside their door so they would see it in the morning. Alyssa walked right passed the box until I told her to go get it, but not Jacob. I knew he would not miss it. He was so happy when he walked in our room this morning and said he loved his valentine. Alyssa is definitely more of a boy than Jacob.






And this year my husband got very creative and gave me a unique gift. He did not know if I would like it, but I love it. I really wasn't expecting anything, but this is what I woke up to this morning.






What are some cute things that you have done or gotten for valentines before?

1 comment:

Janelle said...

Alex gave me a honeybee lapel pin and said, "Because you're so industrious." He's odd.