A Peek into the day to day life of a busy family

Friday, February 27, 2009

I'm getting the hang of school.

We were a little worried about Jacob and his school a couple of weeks ago, because he was having a really hard time. Well we made a rule where there was no Wii during the week and he could only play his favorite game on Saturday if he earned enough points being good at school and his other activities during the week. He started doing better at school lately and then his teacher gave him a small felt marker to write his assignments with at school and she said that this has helped him immensely. I noticed that he still cries when writing things but it is not quite as bad. He likes the pen because it is easier to write with and he can see it. He does not have to put as much pressure on the marker. I have been pretty happy that he is doing better.

Well today when we were driving home from school he told me, "Mom, I am getting the hang of school now." He told his dad the same thing when he got home. This statement just came out of no where and I am so happy for him. I really hope the good times continue for him and that we can help him find other ways to deal with his frustration than crying and getting upset. Good job Jacob.

No comments: