A Peek into the day to day life of a busy family

Saturday, April 4, 2009

I love conference weekend. I know when I was a kid I did not care for it that much. My mom would let us play barbies and do things with the conference on in the back ground. As you get older you appreciate it more and then you have kids and you are not able to listen to it as you would like. It will be nice when the kids are a little older and they let me listen. Of course I really have to find some way to get them to listen, at least to part of it, and increase the amount they need to listen to as they get older. I am kind of torn on how to get them to be reverent during Sacrament. Any one have any good ideas that have worked in the past for future use? I was going to try to print up a mixture of some conference packets I found on Sugar doodle to see how those work, but my printer does not seem to be cooperating. We will see what happens there.

My daughter at college texted me to tell me that she thought that conference was great. Something that I have never heard come out of her mouth before. She is really doing some growing. I remember what that felt like. When I actually started reading the book of mormon everyday and inspired others to do the same by my actions ( unknown by me at the time) and when I actually started to enjoy reading the Ensign and devoured it when it came. It is really good to see this change in her and it will help her life immensely, she is going to be so much of a better person than I am. I enjoy the chance to talk with her through texting. Technology is really fun.

No comments: