
A couple of weekends ago Jeff and I took the kids and went up to Tahoe for the weekend. Jacob had been telling us how he wanted to have a snowball fight and Jeff said that he was going to take us all to the snow. I did not believe it at the time, but we actually did it and we all had a really good time. We were a little worried driving up there, because there was almost no snow in sight, but we managed to find a good place to go sledding and have a little snowball fight with the kids. I also attempted to build a snowman with the kids, but I did not have gloves, so that did not work out so well. There's nothing like being prepared.
Blayke fell asleep in the car on the way to go sledding so Jeff and I took turns going sledding with Jacob and Alyssa while
Blayke napped in the car. The kids really had a good time and I was shocked that Jeff actually let them each sled down by themselves. Jeff told me that one time Jacob's sled hit a big snow pile and he got knocked off. Apparently Jacob just started laughing because he thought that it was
hilarious that his sled kept going without him. This is so not a reaction I would expect from him. I would have expected him to start crying, good for you Jacob. Apparently there was a man there who thought he was upset and he helped Jacob up and helped him get his sled. How nice!! With all the bad out there that we hear about it is so nice to see the good.





The kids loved the snow, except for Blayke that is. For being such a daredevil and finding new and interesting ways to kill himself at home he really is a baby. He did not want to have anything to do with the snow. He did not even want to stand in it or sit on my lap while I was sitting on it. He just got mad and cried. I get the same reaction from him when it comes to sand too, so he probably wouldn't like the beach either.



We stayed in a nice two room condo while we were there at a nice hotel. It had and indoor pool and Jacob and Alyssa thoroughly enjoyed swimming the two days we were there. Jeff refused to get in a swim suit to go with them so I got to go both times, not that I treasure putting on a bathing suite now either, but I knew the kids really wanted to go and we had a great time. We also went miniature golfing while we were there and Jacob really loved it. He wants to go back to Tahoe so that he can go golfing again.


Spending time together as a family was so much fun. The kids really loved having their dad around to play with and I like having everyone together too. Sometimes my kids can really try my patience, but it really is a joy to share time with them and show them some of the beauty of the world that they live in. I really need to get better about spending more time with them and finding fun inexpensive things that we can all do together.
No comments:
Post a Comment