A Peek into the day to day life of a busy family

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Unalp Infirmary

I have enjoyed reading my friend's posts about conference and was considering writing about the talks that really touched me, however, I did not get to listen to very much of conference this weekend, my Saturday was a little crazy and Sunday morning I woke up feeling like I really wanted to die. I gave Blayke his bottle and crawled back in bed, hoping I would feel better at a reasonable hour. This was not the case. Jeff took all of the kids downstairs and fed them and took care of them all day, while I rolled around in bed and tried to listen to conference when it was on, but ended up throwing up and sleeping through most of it.

The plus side to this particular day was that Jeff was amazing, he had work he needed to do, but he took care of the kids and cleaned our kitchen/dining area. It was immaculate. He definitely cleans better than me when he puts his mind to it.

I was feeling a little better in the afternoon so I wandered down stairs because I was so sick of laying in bed and could not get comfortable any more. I now wish that I had locked myself upstairs and not let anyone near me. Monday night Blayke woke up throwing up and he was sick all day Tuesday. He is better now other than a runny nose.

Early this morning after Blayke woke up screaming and had calmed down, I heard Jacob crying. I went in his room and asked him what was wrong and he told me he had a horrible ear ache. I gave him some motrin and drops for his ears and he was fine. I meant to make a doctor's appointment for him in the morning, but he seemed fine and I went ahead and took him to school. A couple hours later I had to pick him up because his ear was hurting. I made and appointment for him later this afternoon and 5 minutes before we had to go he told me his stomach felt yucky. I grabbed a pail and put everyone in the van. Poor Jacob threw up a couple times on the way to the doctor's office and outside while we were waiting to see the doctor. I stepped in the office and told them we were there but that my son was throwing up. I felt so sorry for Jacob, but he was brave and on the plus side that was the fastest that I have ever been in and out of a doctor's office. If you ever want to be seen quickly just take someone who is throwing up with you. Anyway he had a bad ear infection and after that Jacob just kept throwing up every 10 to 15 minutes and then he got diarrhea and his fever went up to 102. Jeff took him to the hospital after he took his temperature.

I had just put Blayke in the bath tube and the garage door was closing when Alyssa came running into the bathroom and just tossed her cookies. Now she has basically been throwing up every 15 minutes. She does not have a fever yet, but I am so worried for her and poor Jacob has an accident at the hospital and he did not have a change of clothes. I wanted to take him some clothes and take Alyssa to the hospital too, but I did not want to wake up Blayke. It is times like these when you really miss having family that you can call to come over and watch your sleeping baby while you go to the hospital. I debated calling someone from the ward, but it was late and I did not want to bother them and I did not want anyone with kids to take this home to their house. I am still waiting to see when Jeff and Jacob come home and I am praying that poor Alyssa will stop throwing up so we don't have to her to the hospital after Jeff gets back.

We've been pretty lucky this year with sicknesses, I guess we are just getting slammed this week. Sorry about the rant, just a little worried.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh, man! I hope you guys get over whatever it is you all have! Not fun at all. :(

sandra said...

Thanks Cheryl, Blayke threw up again this morning and Alyssa has stopped, but is feeling crappy and Jacob just threw up again. I don't know how I am going to give him his antibiotics for his ear infection.:(