A Peek into the day to day life of a busy family

Saturday, April 4, 2009

The kids have been enjoying playing baseball and softball, even though it has made my life a littel crazy with all the practice and games. So far Jeff has really been helping me. He takes time off of work to go to Jacob's games and I am generally the one who goes to Alyssa's games. He will also come home early to take one of them to Kung Fu if I have to take the other one to their practice. I really appreciate his support. I think one of the reasons he is helping so much is because he played baseball when he was a little kid and his dad never really supported him and went to his games.

The only downside to this is that every time he comes home from one of Jacob's games he comes home with a new piece of equipment, or balls or something that is going to help Jacob practice his swing or get better. Jacob has been striking out a lot so Jeff is out buying new bat, soft balls to practice with and any other equipment that can help him. This is the first time he has played and we have never really practiced baseball with the kids. I was debating not signing the kids up again next year because of the time commitment, but with all of J's investment in equipment I am going to feel obligated so that we can get the use out of the purchases.

I will just have to see how the kids like it and see how I feel from there.

No comments: