After our visit with Santa tonight we drove over to Oakland and looked and the Temple lights. The lights on the temple grounds were beautiful and we enjoyed walking around the grounds and looking at the lights and taking pictures. Jacob was not to keen on me wanting to take a bunch of pictures, but I can remember feeling that way around my mom when I was little.
Alyssa fell asleep on the way there so she was a little grumpy and whiny when we got there because we had to wake her up. After a while she lost some of her crabbiness and actually had a good time.
When we finished looking at the lights we went over to the visitors center for a little while and the kids enjoyed exploring there. Even though there were many people there it was very nice and peaceful at the temple.
Sometime this week we are going to drive around and look at the lights in some of the neighborhoods around where we live. This is a tradition that I started last year. The kids really loved it and they have been begging me to take them, especially Alyssa. I told them we had to wait for Brittany to come home, and now that she is here we need to take them.






No comments:
Post a Comment